You are invited to join Circle of Security Parenting Groups (Virtual and In-person offerings) for Kinship, Foster, and Adoptive parents who reside in DFCS Regions 5 and 6*. This is a FREE 8-week session, please register! The group is for parents with children ages birth to 6 years old.
Learn how to:
- Understand your child’s needs
- Help your child feel more secure
- Help your child manage emotions
- Have a safe, happy relationship with your child
- Manage challenging behaviors effectively
- Build your child's self- esteem
- Increase confidence in your parenting skills
- For more information about Circle of Security Parenting, please visit https://www.circleofsecurityinternational.com/.
This program also includes weekly incentives. Participants will receive a $20 gas card for each session participation as well as for completing a pre- and post-surveys. A total of $200 in gas cards can be received for full participation.
ALL GROUPS WILL BEGIN WEEK OF APRIL 10TH and run for 8 weeks total.
For more information, please contact Jessica Porter at 404-309-8301 or [email protected]
Circle of Security lnternational
Circle of Security Parenting is a manualized attachment-based program used internationally with parents and other caregivers of children under 6. This four-day training seminar leads to endorsment and is designed to help professionals understand both the theory and research underlying our video-based parenting reflection program and how to deliver the COSP program effectively. COSP is based on decades of attachment research and offers an accessible step-by-step intervention process designed for group intervention but also used in home visitation and for individual or couples counseling.
Learn more on our website: CircleOfSecuritylnternational.com
Clarke County School District (in the gymnasium)
595 Prince Avenue
Athens, GA 30606
The venue will have appropriate seating to ensure COVID safety
Who Should Attend?
Mental Health Providers (Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapists, etc), Family Support Workers (Parenting Education, Outreach Workers, Foster Care Support, Clergy and Faith-based Providers, etc),Healthcare Providers (Pediatricians, Nurses, Dou las etc) and Educators (Preschool/Childcare Providers, Behavior Support Specialists, etc)
At the time of registration:
$1,000 USO (includes COSP video content, COSP Training Manual, Parent Handouts, Access to on line resources, License to use the above materials to implement the COSP program with caregivers.).
5-9 people 10% discount, 10 or more 15% discount
For further details including cancelation and tranfer policies please see our website.
*Deidre Quinlan has a proprietary interest in this training and the materials
Learning Objectives of the Training:
- Identify the fundamentals of attachment theory and key concepts of the Circle of Security approach.
- Identify the features of a safe learning environment for caregivers.
- Identify the ways in which a Facilitator can teach caregivers to use quality of relationship enhancement rather than behavior management.
- Identify steps the Facilitator can take to build self-reflection in caregivers.
- Explain how to facilitate the COSP model using video examples of parent-child relationships, the COSP Facilitator Manual, and Handouts
Center for Leadership in Disability
Urban Life Building
140 Decatur Street SE
Atlanta, GA 30303